When registering on our website, personally identifiable information is obtained so that we can identify you. This information includes your name, address, telephone number and any other information that is connected with you personally. This information also may be obtained when you submit material to the website, register or sign up for an event, or to receive additional material, information, updates or newsletters from GreenSourceDFW.org or Memnosyne Foundation.
We understand the importance of protecting this information.
It is important to note: At no time will The Memnosyne Foundation and its agents sell your personally identifiable information to marketing, advertising or commercial businesses for personal gain.
WHY DO YOU NEED THIS INFORMATION?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways including:
- Contacting you for editorial purposes; sending out advisories of news events and/or GreenSourceDFW.org newsletters.
- Advising you of any changes to our site or any interruptions to service.
- Sending messages about our marketing partners’ products.
- Gathering data to determine the demographics of our audience so that we may better serve you.
WHO GETS THIS INFORMATION?
EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE
An exception would be in response to legal action such as a court order or subpoena. Personally Identifiable Information also may be revealed if it is necessary to investigate, prevent or to take action against illegal activities such as fraud or identity theft.
Another exception may include a change in ownership of GreenSourceDFW.org.
- Memnosyne Foundation is not responsible for personally identifiable information that is passed on to agents, companies, individuals who are not specifically contracted by Memnosyne Foundation, e.g., visitors who register for calendar events, purchase products, sign up for contests from advertisers, businesses and posted through our website.
- The Memnosyne Foundation is not responsible for personally identifiable information that is volunteered by you through blogs, commentaries, or other such postings.
- Personal Information that is volunteered and published on the website through blogs, commentaries, and other such postings become part of the public domain and may be used or referenced by Memnosyne Foundation or GreenSourceDFW.org in the future.
- When you sign up for our updates or receive e-mail messages from Memnosyne Foundation you may be given the chance to opt-out of special offers and site updates. You may change your preferences at any time and will only be contacted in matters consistent with your stated preferences.
- Non-personally identifiable information may be shared in aggregate form with our advertisers or marketing partners but your personally identifiable information will never be disclosed to them.
- Third parties and web sites that are linked to GreenSouceDFW.org also may collect or use information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of other companies or people that the Memnosyne Foundation does not employ or manage.
GreenSourceDFW.org is a collaborative venture that is designed to promote, inform and educate the public about green living. The foundation wanted to created a safe and friendly environment where the green community can share ideas and voice their opinions about the environmental issues.
Unfortunately we cannot control the actions of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.