The Great Seed Bomb is a 15k fun bike ride benefiting bees, monarch and other pollinators. It's a grassroots for the grasslands movement!
During the ride, seed balls – made of clay, organic compost and native, non-GMO milkweed and wildflower seed – are launched from bikes by our riders. A portion of the money raised will be donated to the Native Prairies Association of Texas, a habitat restoration nonprofit, to keep the work going.
• ECO Party: After-ride event w/ beer, food trucks, vendors and live music
• Experential learning stops w/ environmental experts!
• Costume contest w/ prizes
• Art Show and live t-shirt screening
• Seed bomb reload zones
• Hyperlocal vendors & sponsors
This is one of the only events that will leave something permanent behind –wildflowers and milkweed that will bloom in the spring – and resources to empower our dedicated local environmental groups.
Bee part of the solution and let's ride!