A serious leak happened at the Fannin Farms drill site on Sept. 10. Councilwoman Capehart is hosting a town hall for residents.
“Approximately 3 a.m. I heard a loud hissing like an high pressure line had blew out at the gas well. Called fire department they arrived in 10 minutes and were on scene for over an hour. I spoke with the firemen once the leak had been turned off, he didn't know what substance was polluting the air.
“I’ll tell you this, the neighborhood, which runs along Park Green Drive and Garden Green Drive ,was absolutely being smothered with this unknown toxic chemical. I feel bad for everyone in that neighborhood breathing this unknown substance for over 1 1/2 hours it tasted bitter and terrible.
Just before posting this @ 6 a.m. smelled a rotten egg odor in the air that rig is a mess!
Drone footage with my recount of the night: https://youtu.be/M1j8uTAf2No
As reported by a resident on Nextdoor