The 7th annual Green Source DFW Sustainable Leadership Awards will be held Nov. 15 at the Dallas Arboretum.
Oct. 15, 2018
Celebrate your local environmental heros by attending the 7th annual Green Source DFW Sustainable Leadership Awards!
The annual green awards dinner, hosted by Green Source DFW and its parent nonprofit, the Memnosyne Institute, will be held Nov. 15, 2018 at the Dallas Arboretum.
Last month, the top three nominees in each category were chosen by Green Source DFW readers during a public voting period. Winners were then selected from among the finalists by a panel of judges from the North Texas green community.
Quynh Chau Stone and Memnosyne cofounder Mary Ann Thompson Frenk at last year’s GSDFW awards.
Categories are as follows:
• Environmental Reporting. Outstanding coverage of environmental issues in North Texas.
• Environmental Science and Innovation. New products, business models or ideas benefiting the environment.
• Conservation Activist. Preserving resources, wildlife, green space.
• Green Project or Program. Profit or Nonprofit
• Coke Buchanan Volunteer of the Year. Outstanding volunteer service to a green cause or organization. The award is named for Memnosyne Institute center director, the late Coke Buchanan, who coorganized the Oak Cliff Earth Day for the Memnosyne Institute, the parent nonprofit of Green Source DFW.
Other specialty awards will also be given during the ceremony.
The evening includes a buffet dinner and entertainment, including a presentation by Karen Stroupe, chief digital officer from TreeHouse, the green home improvement store. In addition, there will be a Native American drum group called Sidewinder, led by Lance Tahchawwickah of the Comanche Nation.
Sidewinder Drum Group. Photo courtesy of Yolonda Bluehorse.
Tickets are $35. Register here today!
2018 Green Source DFW Sustainable Leadership Awards
About: 7th annual awards hosted by Green Source DFW and its parent nonprofit, the Memnosyne Institute, honoring local environmental advocates and volunteers and green business leaders and professionals.
When: Nov. 15, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: Dallas Arboretum, 8525 Garland Rd, Dallas