Voting will start soon for the Green Source DFW Sustainable Leadership Awards.
Voting will start as soon as we get our digital ballot completed. Stay turned for details!
SUSTAINABLE LEADERSHIP CATEGORIES
The six categories for nominations are as follows:
• Environmental Reporting. Outstanding coverage of environmental issues in North Texas.
• Environmental Science and Innovation. New products, business models or ideas benefiting the environment.
• Conservation Activist. Preserving resources, wildlife, green space.
• Environmental Social Justice. Defending those who are environmentally disadvantaged by current laws, policies.
• Green Project or Program. Profit or Nonprofit
• Coke Buchanan Volunteer of the Year. Outstanding volunteer service to a green cause or organization. The award is named for Memnosyne Institute center director Coke Buchanan, who coorganized the Oak Cliff Earth Day for the Memnosyne Institute, the parent nonprofit of Green Source DFW. He died earlier this year.
Coke Buchanan was dedicated to the advancement of the green movement in North Texas. Photo courtesy of the Buchanan family.
HOW IT WORKS
A public voting period will start in September with all of the nominees on the ballot on GreenSourceDFW.org. The top three nominees with the most votes will become the finalists. The final winners will be selected by a panel of judges from the North Texas green community. Winners will be announced at the Green Source DFW Sustainable Leadership Awards on Nov. 15, 2018 at the Dallas Arboretum.
Other specialty awards will also be given during the ceremony and speakers will be announced later this summer.
The Green Source DFW Sustainable Leadership Awards is a great way to showcase your business or organization before the North Texas green community. See sponsorship levels here.